[Thermo_pw-forum] The free energy of the adsorbed molecule

Yun Yang yy9702 at outlook.com
Wed Jun 30 16:00:27 CEST 2021

Dear thermo_pw user

I am try to calculate electrocatalytic reduction of carbon dioxide with thermos_pw.1.4.1, but when I calculate the free energy of the adsorbed molecule, the contribution of vibration entropy is nearly 10 times larger than that calculated by other software and the Zero point vibration energy is similar. My calculation flow is first relax the intermediates with high convergence accuracy, than perform thermos_pw.x for calculate the free energy of adsorbed molecules with fixed the slab. My question is does thermos_pw support this and why does the calculation make such a big difference. Here are the ph_control and thermo_control:

&INPUTPH
  tr2_ph=1.0d-16,
  prefix='CoN4-CO',
  fildyn='CoN4-CO.dyn',
  ldisp=.TRUE.,
  trans=.TRUE.,
  nat_todo=2,
  nq1=1,
  nq2=1,
  nq3=1,
/
32 33

&INPUT_THERMO
  what='scf_disp',
  nq1_d=192,
  nq2_d=192,
  nq3_d=192,
  ltherm_dos=.FALSE.,
  ltherm_freq=.TRUE.
/

Thank you very much in advance for your time

Sincerely yours

--
Postgraduate Yun Yang
School of Chemical Science and Technology
Tel.:+86-871-65033723, Fax: +86-871-65033679, E-mail: yy9702 at mail.ynu.edu.cn