[Thermo_pw-forum] Elastic constants at finite pressures using mur_lc_elastic_constants

Sarah Arveson sarah.arveson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 02:13:37 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I am struggling to calculate the elastic constants at finite pressures and wonder if I am missing a crucial flag. The pressure is being read by the program, as the densities are correctly updated in the output file, but for any given pressure, only the equilibrium 0 pressure tensors are printed. (Resulting in incorrect sound speeds, etc.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Here are my inputs for an example of B1 MgO at a pressure of 1375.5 kbar corresponding to a previously calculated corresponding lattice parameter of 7 a.u.:

 ********* thermo_control *********
 &INPUT_THERMO
  what='mur_lc_elastic_constants',
  pressure=1375.5