[Thermo_pw-forum] input file for thermo_pw

Mihalis Kavousanakis mihalis.kavousanakis at scienomics.com
Wed Mar 1 13:03:04 CET 2017

Dear sir,

I have compiled QE 6.0 in MINGW-64bit with Intel MPI. In order to run a
parallel QE simulation I can run using, e.g.:
mpiexec -np 2 pw.x -i Input.in > Input.out
Using:
mpiexec -np 2 pw.x < Input.in> Input.out hangs the simulation. The "<"
is not recognized in MINGW

Unfortunately, thermo_pw.x does not accept the -i flag for the input
file, and hangs the simulation, i.e. I cannot run:

mpiexec -np 2 thermo_pw.x -i Input.in > Input.out

How can I change the input flag for the thermo_pw.x execution, and set
it to, e.g. "-i"?

kind regards,

Mihalis Kavousanakis