[Thermo_pw-forum] thermo_pw_CVS

Andrea Dal Corso dalcorso at sissa.it
Thu Dec 17 14:27:11 CET 2015

On Thu, 2015-12-17 at 14:06 +0100, Suza W wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> Many thanks for the good news !
>
> I have two questions :
>
> (1) At zero pressure, for a non-cubic (tetragonal) case,  I put --
> what='mur_lc_t'  and still obtain    this error :
>
> task #         7
>      from thermo_summary : error #         1
>      Thermal expansion not available

Either you are using an old version, or ibrav=0. Thermo_pw poorly
supports the option ibrav=0. You should use ibrav=6 or 7 for tetragonal.

>      Could you please provide me a sample of your hexagonal input files for
> a testing purpose ?
>
> (2) For a finite pressure, what is the required name-tag ?  Is it as
> what='scf_lc_t'  ?
>      I mean, how to impose a finite pressure for the Gruneisen dispersion ?

Pressure calculations are still very experimental. Please do not use
them yet.

Andrea

--
Andrea Dal Corso                    Tel. 0039-040-3787428
SISSA, Via Bonomea 265              Fax. 0039-040-3787249
I-34136 Trieste (Italy)             e-mail: dalcorso at sissa.it