[QE-developers] ERROR in BGFS

Pietro Davide Delugas pietrodavide.delugas at max-centre.eu
Thu Sep 8 09:15:46 CEST 2022

Hello
I would first try lowering the conv_thr in the &electron name list
something 1.d-8 1.d-9.  The current value doesn't warrant an accurate
enough evaluation of the forces.
If bfgs continues failing you could try to minimize the structure using
damped dynamics (set ion_dynamics='damp' in the &ion namelist).

Hope this helps.
By the way, for this kind  of questions the user mailing list (
https://lists.quantum-espresso.org/mailman/listinfo/users)  is more
appropriate.
Pietro Delugas
SISSA - Trieste