[QE-developers] Reproducibility of results in quantum espresso

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:13:31 CET 2022

Dear Mohd,
variable cell optimization is done at fixed number of plane waves, not at fixed cutoff. If your initial cell is not far away from the equilibrium, and if your cutoff is tight enough, this won't make much difference, but possibly this was not your case. Check the FFt grid size in output of the first and second calculation, and you will probably remark large differences.

kind regards
LP (CRNS, SU)

Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris