[QE-developers] Problem with diagonalization

Davide Ceresoli davide.ceresoli at cnr.it
Fri Jul 8 10:54:04 CEST 2022

Dear Aditi,
     open your inputs with XCrysden and in both cases you will see
that atoms are on top on each other. I'm surprised it works.

Best,
D.

On 7/8/22 08:53, Aditi Chandrasekar wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> I am trying a simple scf calculation on the reported crystal structure of Na2S.
> I am getting the error:
>
>   Error in routine cdiaghg (104):
>       S matrix not positive definite
>
> I tried changing the diagonalisation method to cg, I tried doing a serial run
> with pw.x -ndiag 1, I have tried changing the degauss value and the conv thresholds.
>
> Please find the attached input.
>
> Kindly let me know how to get the pbe scf energy for Na2S using quantum espresso.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aditi

   Davide Ceresoli
   CNR - Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie Chimiche (SCITEC)
   c/o University of Milan, via Golgi 19, 20133 Milan, Italy
   Email: davide.ceresoli at cnr.it
   Phone: +39-02-50314276, +39-347-1001570 (mobile)
   Skype: dceresoli
   Website: http://sites.google.com/site/dceresoli/