[QE-developers] Fails to use submodules

Ye Luo xw111luoye at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 16:36:58 CET 2022

That is intentional.
There is no reason to trust what you manually put in the external/XXX
submodule folder. Potential issues are file integrity. version consistency
with QE.
If you intend to use pre-built libraries, FOX_ROOT, DEVXLIB_ROOT,
WANNIER90_ROOT, MBD_ROOT are all available although those external packages
may have limitations if being built outside QE.
If your build machine doesn't have internet access. Use
initialize_external_repos.sh to initialize all the submodules on a machine
with internet before transfering over.

There is one thing not clear to me. You mentioned "re-clones" and "cloned
submodules", did you manually "git clone" these file? or how did you
manually created the files which later caused issues with CMake?
Ye

Ye Luo, Ph.D.
Computational Science Division & Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory