[QE-developers] CP-vdw_corr

杨洋 yy160720131 at 163.com
Sun Oct 31 13:10:29 CET 2021

Dear Developers,

I am a user of Quantum Espresso v5.4 ( QE5.4). Now I use the CPMD module of QE5.4 for dynamics simulation. I would like to ask a question. When adding the parameter of dispersion correction, the type given on the official website is DFT-D2, but in the actual operation process, add DFT -D3 can also be run, that is, "vdw_corr ='DFT-D3'". The question I want to ask is, if DFT-D3 dispersion correction is added, it can work normally. So how to read this line of parameters during operation? The attachment is one of the input files.

Thank you very much and best wishes,

Yang Ynag

 North China Electric Power University.