[QE-developers] A question concerning a QE development

laurent pizzagalli laurent.pizzagalli at univ-poitiers.fr
Thu May 27 23:06:38 CEST 2021

Dear Paolo,

thanks for your help. I didn't think of the external file, which is
probably the most flexible option. The ATOMIC_FORCES card seems a well
defined container, and I am not sure it would be a good idea to
introduce keywords in that place. Therefore the best way IMO would be to
define a keyword in the &SYSTEM namelist, allowing for the activation of
an external force field. The required parameters would then be read from
an external file.

Best regards

Laurent

--