[QE-developers] proper directory delimiters under windows

Pietro Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Thu Oct 22 09:47:32 CEST 2020

Hello

did you ever try to use WSL in windows ? Running qe in the WSL is
usually much less complicated than running the windows executables.

It seems also that this is the way microsoft  wants  to use more and
more for supporting programs like qe in  Windows. There are also
programs (e.g.  IDEs  like pycharm and vscode)  whose interface runs on
windows while they execute code inside the WSL, the GUIs might do
something like that in the future versions.

So I am not sure how  worth it is to invest time in trying to add a path
management of our own in the code ( currently it is done by the compiler
), and it seems, to me,  also not that easy to do.

   regards

Pietro