[QE-developers] proper directory delimiters under windows

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 17:55:35 CEST 2020

Hi, where do precompiled binaries come from and how are they compiled?
Unfortunately very few people know about compilation on Windows (and one of
the few recently moved to a different job :-( ). I remember encountering
all kinds of funny problems running on Windows executables compiled with
MinGW. They convert "/" to "\" in the directory name when a file is opened,
but "C:" wasn't accepted, if I remember correctly. I am not sure whether a
directory name containing "\" is considered to be valid, though. Natively
compiled Windows binaries should accept the Windows syntax for directories,
I guess. I know for sure (see the user guide) that it is possible to
compile natively on WIndows using PGI 19.10.

Paolo