[QE-developers] Interfacing MBD library to QEspresso

Daniele Cesarini d.cesarini at cineca.it
Tue Nov 17 14:58:56 CET 2020

Dear Hsin-Yu,

yes, we are working to move on CMake build system, this is a
work-in-progress activity but we are in a good shape.

To add an external library to QE using CMake is quite straightforward (I
am sorry, it currently lacks of documentation), just follow the example
of FoX library. You can add a git submodule to the project and call it
from the CMakeLists.txt located in the "external" directory of the
project. You can copy the CMake code of 'external/CMakeLists.txt'
between line 4 and 27 and adapt it to MBD library. You just need to
define the appropriate CMake targets and create a new CMake target
library, which you can link to QE libraries/executables as well as other
targets.

Let me know you if you have questions/problems, I would happy to help you!

BTW, if you need help just point me to your QE fork, I can help/assist you.

Best,
Daniele