[QE-developers] Finding all symmetry operations correctly

박민규 minkyupark at ulsan.ac.kr
Fri May 22 18:38:30 CEST 2020

Let me explain again.

Given magnetic space group of MnF2 in its antiferromagnetic phase is P4_2’/mnm’ (136.499),
there should be 16 symmetry operations if QE can detect all symmetry operations.
While if you see pwscf.out.afm I attach, there are only 8 symmetry operations.
(I’m only counting the number of operations, but each operations should be identified correctly after all.)
This is the problem I have.

I think this is a limitation that has been noticed and discussed recently. It shouldn't be too difficult to fix actually

If this is the case, sorry for repeating this.

Best,
Minkyu Park
Research Institute of Basic Sciences, University of Ulsan,
93, Daehak-ro, Nam-gu, Ulsan, 44610 Republic of Korea
minkyupark at ulsan.ac.kr<mailto:minkyupark at ulsan.ac.kr>
+82-52-259-1473