[QE-developers] nonlinear core correction in phonon codes

Jae-Mo Lihm jaemolim96 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:06:10 CEST 2020

Dear Dr. Hyungjun Lee and All,

I also had the same question while working on the interpolation of phonon
potential. And I think I found an answer, at least partially.

The contribution of the nonlinear core correction is added to the variable
dvscf in the following part of solve_linter.f90:
        if (imode0+ipert > 0) then
           call addcore (imode0+ipert, drhoc)
        else
           drhoc(:) = (0.0_DP,0.0_DP)
        endif
        !
        ! Compute the response HXC potential
        call dv_of_drho (dvscfout(1,1,ipert), .true., drhoc)

So, in most parts of ph.x, multiplication of psi with dvscf gives the
induced part *plus *the NLCC contribution, while dvqpsi_us gives the bare
part *except *NLCC.
In contrast, in zstar_eu, only the bare potential perturbation for atomic
displacement is needed. Hence, the NLCC contribution is added by dvqpsi_us.

I hope this answers your question.

Though, I would still like to know why the ph.x code was designed this way.

Regards,
Jae-Mo Lihm
Seoul National University

2020년 3월 28일 (토) 오전 12:50, H. Lee <hjunlee at gmail.com>님이 작성: