[QE-developers] questions and possible bug on exx calculations

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 07:56:48 CEST 2020

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 7:51 PM Morales-Silva, Miguel A. <
moralessilva2 at llnl.gov> wrote:

The augmentation functions in real space (e.g. tabxx(ia)%qr(...)) do not
> depend on the specific k-points of the orbital pair densities being
> augmented. This, I believe, is incorrect. The phase factor coming from
> (xkp-xkq) is added in addusxx_g, but not in addusxx_r.

The phase in G-space, exp[i(k-k')\tau] I guess, comes from the structure
factor that translates the augmentation function at the atomic position.
There is something not right in the current real-space expression: the
augmentation term as it is written now seems to be periodic, while the rest
has a exp[i(k-k')*r] dependence

Paolo