[QE-developers] Matrix Elements of the Momentum Operator

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 10:01:23 CET 2020

Thank you for reporting this. As far as I know, during a band calculation
the Fermi energy is not computed. It is however read from file (the one
produced by the previous scf calculation) and re-written to file at the end
of the band calculation. A zero (not set) Fermi energy means that it wasn't
computed during the scf calculation. This happens if you do not use
smearing.

There was however a bug with units: Ef was written to file in Hartree a.u.
but not converted to Rydberg a.u. when read. This was fixed a few days ago.

Paolo