[QE-developers] Incompatible FFT grid in ph.x calculation

Xiao Zhang xiaozha at umich.edu
Fri Aug 14 16:14:55 CEST 2020

Dear Paolo,

I see. Thanks for checking this and I will try what you suggested. So in
general is there a good number of digits that we should shoot for? Or is it
more system dependent, and we just need to play around it?

Thanks!
Best!
Xiao

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 9:37 AM Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I see: it's the usual problem with "almost-symmetric" coordinates. If you
> transform the "almost 1/3" and "almost 2/3" into something closer to 1/3
> and 2/3 in the x and y atomic coordinates, the error disappears. In the
> previous version of the code, the checks were done  in a slightly different
> way and this problem did not show up.
>
> Paolo
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 3:22 PM Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 2:51 PM Xiao Zhang <xiaozha at umich.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I realized that in 6.6, an additional line shows: Fft bands division:
>>> nmany = 1 (line 15). Not sure if this means anything or not?
>>>

>> it doesn't.
>>
>> Apparently the check on fractional translations being commensurate with
>> the real-space grid is a little bit too strict. Not sure how to fix it in a
>> safe way, though
>>
>> Paolo
>>

>>> Thanks!
>>> Best!