[QE-developers] DFTI and OpenMP detection in configure

Ye Luo xw111luoye at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 17:29:46 CEST 2019

Hi Lorenzo,
I think it is related to your software environment.
I checked today on my machine.
./configure --enable-openmp --with-scalapack=intel
./configure --enable-openmp
I always only get -D__DFTI and no -D__FFTW

Note that -D__FFTW is for internal library.
if you see -D_FFTW, it usually means the configure script not being able to
find an optimized FFT library on your system.
The internal FFTW library is considered less performant compared to vendor
optimized versions.

QE using DFTI works very well with OpenMP. I had study last year.
https://gitlab.com/ye-luo/q-e/wikis/Threading%20the%20parallel%203d%20fft

Best,
Ye
Ye Luo, Ph.D.
Computational Science Division & Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory

Lorenzo Paulatto <paulatz at gmail.com> 于2019年9月16日周一 上午3:31写道: