[QE-developers] non colinear magentization (spin spiral order)

Jinzhao Sun jinzhao.sun at physics.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 8 11:05:41 CEST 2019

Dear Developer,

I want to calculate the non colinear magentization (spin spiral order) configuration for EuCuAs. However, even if I tried to set the commensurate spin order (propagation vector 0.25) in the cells containing 4 Eu atoms (the angle between neighbour spins is 90 degree), the program crashed and the scf.out file reads: ' No symmetry found', and EXIT CODE: 9.

If I used 3 sublattices (nat = 18, ntype = 8), it reads to increase nsx. Could you please give me some suggestions about how to implement commensurate spin order (say, 2 sublattice); and is it possible to calculate incommensurate spin order or large supercells. Thank you very much!

Best,
Jinzhao

&CONTROL
calculation = 'scf',
title = 'ABX',
outdir = './output/',
pseudo_dir = './pseudo/',
etot_conv_thr= 1.0D-4,
forc_conv_thr= 1.0D-3
/

&SYSTEM
ibrav = 4,
celldm(1) = 8.0388943,
celldm(3) = 1.9449929,
nat = 12,
ntyp = 6,
nbnd = 200,
ecutwfc = 70,
ecutrho = 630,
noncolin=.true.,
lspinorb=.true.,
starting_magnetization(1)=1,
starting_magnetization(2)=1,
starting_magnetization(3)=1,
starting_magnetization(4)=1,
angle1(1)=90,
angle2(1)=0,
angle1(2)=90,
angle2(2)=90,
angle1(3)=90,
angle2(3)=180,
angle1(4)=90,
angle2(4)=270,
occupations = 'smearing',
smearing = 'fd',
degauss = 0.003,
lda_plus_u=.TRUE.,
lda_plus_u_kind=1,
Hubbard_U(1)=3.1,
Hubbard_U(2)=3.1,
Hubbard_U(3)=3.1,
Hubbard_U(4)=3.1,
/

&ELECTRONS
conv_thr = 1.0e-10,
mixing_beta=0.3,
diagonalization='david'
/

ATOMIC_SPECIES
Eu1 151.964 Eu.rel-pbesol-n-nc.UPF
Eu2 151.964 Eu.rel-pbesol-n-nc.UPF
Eu3 151.964 Eu.rel-pbesol-n-nc.UPF
Eu4 151.964 Eu.rel-pbesol-n-nc.UPF
Cu  63.546  Cu.pbesol-dn-kjpaw_psl.0.2.UPF
As  74.9216 As.rel-pbesol-n-kjpaw_psl.0.2.UPF

ATOMIC_POSITIONS crystal
Eu1 0.0000000 0.0000000 0.00000000
Eu2 0.0000000 0.0000000 0.25000000
Eu3 0.0000000 0.0000000 0.50000000