[QE-developers] qe-6.5 bug for ibrav=13

Toshio Yamazaki toshio.yamazaki at riken.jp
Fri Dec 20 10:53:11 CET 2019

Dear developers:

I am a user of your program to get NMR shifts.

Only for this molecule, I found a strange result from pw.x program if ibrav=13 is used.
The energy value is not same as the case of ibrav=0 and convergence of scf is very bad.

The input files were generated by PW/tools/cif2qe.sh.
with -i option: cimetidine-B2-ibrav-121111-40-b0p5.pwin
without option: cimetidine-B2-cif2qe-121111-40-b0p5.pwin

I changed pseudo potentials and some parameters for faster calculations.

The output file are *.pwout (they were stopped).

Without simplifying parameters, the results were similar.

I cannot judge whether pw.x or cif2qe.sh makes this problem.

With the input data with ibrav, pw.x runs faster (thought the results are wrong)
for this symmetry. Is this correct?

cif2qe.sh has other bugs. The -s option does not work. At least, rhomb!h!oedral and unique!_b might be misspelling of rhombohedral and uniqueb. After these correction, there are still problems.

Toshio