[QE-developers] Pseudopotential type is different in the website description and in the file

Rajesh Raju R.Raju at bham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 8 10:02:15 CEST 2019

Hi Developers

I am new to QE and searching pseudopotential for my system which contains Cu and C. I learned the naming scheme and found some mismatch

For example: For Cu, the first entry in the PS library list is in the website shows the following information
Cu.pbe-dn-kjpaw_psl.1.0.0.UPF<https://www.quantum-espresso.org/upf_files/Cu.pbe-dn-kjpaw_psl.1.0.0.UPF>

Origin: PS Library
Author: ADC
Generated using "atomic" code by A. Dal Corso  v.6.3

Pseudopotential type: USPP
Functional type: PBE
Non Linear Core Correction
Scalar relativistic

When I opened the file, it shows Pseudopotential type as PAW.

<UPF version="2.0.1">
  <PP_INFO>
Generated using "atomic" code by A. Dal Corso  v.6.3