[QE-developers] Patch to modify the pw.x behavior at user-provided k-point list

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:04:03 CET 2018

Dear Yunzhe

as a rule I am against adding new input variables - there are already
hundreds of them - unless there are no alternatives. From what I
understand, your procedure produces a list of k-points that are already in
the Brillouin Zone reduced using the symmetry of the crystal. If so, the
best solution is to ensure that the code does not spoil it when computing
the actual k-point grid from the input k-point grid. It would be useful to
have a few examples showing what happens.

Paolo