[QE-developers] Windows Running

Fedor Goumans goumans at scm.com
Thu Mar 15 23:26:12 CET 2018

Dear Matthew,

Our developers have built QE binaries for Windows (for integration with the ADF Modeling Suite).
https://www.scm.com/support/downloads/gui-for-quantum-espresso/ <https://www.scm.com/support/downloads/gui-for-quantum-espresso/>
(These are for 6.0 but we also have 6.2 binaries - I’ll need to look up the download link).
Let me know if you want to give those a try.

Best regards,
Fedor

> On Mar 15, 2018, at 09:10, Nicola Marzari <nicola.marzari at epfl.ch> wrote:
>

> Dear Matthew,
>

> you can also download a fully configured Ubuntu virtual
> machine with all the MaX codes (Quatum ESPRESSO, Siesta,
> FLEUR, Yambo, CP2K, AiiDA, Wannier90), and run it from
> Windows using the open-source VirtualBox - all instructions
> are here:
>
> https://www.materialscloud.org/work/quantum-mobile
>
> The catch is that the download is 4+ GB, but you gain
> a native linux environment, and everything pre-installed.
>
> 				nicola
>

> On 15/03/2018 00:41, Hickson, Matthew, (Mr) (s213245213) wrote:
>> Good morning to whom it may concern
>> I hope this email finds you well
>> I am currently an M student by Nelson Mandela University in South Africa, and I'm interested in using your software for some calculations for my thesis. I'm just contacting you to ask where I would be able to find a version that can run on Windows software?
>> Thank you for the help,
>> Best regards,
>> Matthew Victor Hickson

Dr. T. P. M. (Fedor) Goumans