[QE-developers] ESM examples does not reproduce the reference results

Seyed Javad Azimi j.azimi at email.kntu.ac.ir
Fri Jun 29 10:42:09 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Seyed Javad Azimi < [ mailto:j.azimi at email.kntu.ac.ir | j.azimi at email.kntu.ac.ir ] > wrote:

Yes, the discrepancy reduces to pbc case (also a bit for bc3, as mentioned by Paolo) when FFT library is included.

you mean: including an external FFT library?
-----------
Yes, the external FFT v3 (fftw3) lib from Ubuntu 16.04 repository.
-----------

BQ_BEGIN

(My first execution was on a clean virtual Ubuntu 16.04 only with gfortran compiler + qe internal LAPACK/BLAS without FFT & MPI )

BQ_END

you mean: using the internal FFT in clib/fftw.c?
Yes, I mean using internal LAPACK/BLAS with the old internal FFT in clib.
Paolo

BQ_BEGIN

It seems that it depends on FFT, however for the pbc case inconsistency is still there.

Does it challenge the reliability of the results ?!

Thanks for all comments.
Javad