[QE-developers] Constants in reciprocal space Hartree calculation

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:49:17 CEST 2018

tpiba2=2\pi/a^2 comes from G^2 (in the code it is in units of tpiba2)
4\pi comes from the Fourier transform of 1/r => 4\pi/G^2
e2=e^2=2 is the electron charge in Ry a.u. (note that the charge is in
units of e and integrates to then number of electrons)
there is a factor 1/2 that multiplies the electrostatic energy. In the
"gamma only" case, we sum over half G-components and multiply by 2.

Paolo