[QE-developers] Invitation for an interview on "Options for a sustainable economic framework for materials modelling software”

Alexandra Simperler alex at simperler-consulting.com
Mon Jun 11 17:53:40 CEST 2018

Dear Developer team,

I would like to invite you on behalf of the EMMC-CSA (www.emmc.info) to
participate in an interview to aid us with a study on “Options for a
sustainable economic framework for materials modelling software”. We
would like to interview you about Quantum-Espresso, please.

The Principal Investigator (PI) is Dr Gerhard Goldbeck of Goldbeck
Consulting who is a beneficiary of the EMMC-CSA project. Dr Goldbeck is
the author of “Economic impact of materials modelling”, a number of
related case studies and contributed to “The CEN (European Committee for
Standardization) Workshop Agreement CWA 17284 “Materials modelling –
terminology, classification and metadata”.

You will be asked 40 questions (which we can provide in advance if you
wish) to define what is needed to find solutions for different forms of
software including individual software components, comprehensive codes
and software platforms. Various licensing options will be analysed
ranging from open source to proprietary software. The task will be
driven by the needs of industrial end users.

This interview may happen via skype/telephone or in person which will be
agreed with you before the interview. The interview should take
approximately 40-50 minutes to complete and may happen from now to
ideally mid August 2018.

The benefit of these interviews will be that this study will lead to a
contemporary whitepaper that covers the current landscape ofsustainable
economic framework for materials modelling software and provides you
with information of what an end user expects of your established
venture. It also will serve as a starting point to budding entrepreneurs
in the field, i.e. how to bring academic codes faster into industry.

I hope you may be interested in sharing your expertise.

Looking forward to your answer,

with kind regards

Alex

--