[Q-e-developers] packaging quantum espresso for Debian

Georges Khaznadar georges.khaznadar at free.fr
Wed Feb 14 18:09:16 CET 2018

Hi, thank you for all the nice work!

I am a Debian Developer, in charge of a few dozens of packages, which
are currently in good shape
(https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=georgesk@debian.org), and I
wanted to evaluate the possibility to package q-e properly for Debian
(hence, also Ubuntu and other derivatives of Debian).

I tried to subscribe to this e-mail list to post this first message, but
for some reason I did not get the subscription feedback message after
one hour, so I try to send this message without previously subscribing.

I could not find easily information to build the file debian/copyright,
which is the first file to be checked when a debian package enters the
NEW queue. Please can you tell me where I can find an up-to-date list of
authors?

The format commonly used for debian/copyright comprizes lines like:
	year-year authorsGivenName authorsSurname <some addresse eventually AT notTooObfuscatedDomain>

I began the packaging work, and the only dependency which seems
unavoidable is gfortran, but ./configure complains about many missing
libraries: where can I find a list of build-dependencies?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards,			Georges.

--
Georges KHAZNADAR et Jocelyne FOURNIER
22 rue des mouettes, 59240 Dunkerque France.