[Q-e-developers] Problems with IO

Pietro Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Mon May 15 19:27:00 CEST 2017

Hello Thorsten

Thanks for signaling us these issues. We will try to fix them soon.

If the version you have deployed is the tagged 6.1 version  the new
format is activated only if you set the   "--enable-xml=yes" option
while running the configure script (the default value for this option in
6.1 is no).   This option in 6.1 version defines the preprocessor  flag
-D__XSD inside  the make.inc file. When this flag is not defined  the
program is compiled using the old XML format and discards all code
related to new XML output. If you are using 6.1  check that the -D__XSD
option is not there,  and you  will be using the old xml format.

The situation has been reversed in SVN revisions following  the 6.1
release; the default value for the --enable-xml option has been set to
"yes"   and you must specify it  as "no"  for reverting to the old XML
format.

In  the development version  you can check inside the make.inc file that
the  -D__OLDXML preprocessor flag is appended to the DFLAGS.   If it
is, you are using old xml format. In case it is not it is sufficient to
append it and recompile from scratch.

   thanks again, greetings Pietro