[Q-e-developers] SCAN functional

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:31:56 CET 2017

Davide, it's not that simple. Meta-GGA suffers from numerical
instabilities. Until we figure out how to cope with it, meta-GGA in QE
will be almost unusable. The support of libxc in QE is limited and
hard to use. A better support would need a refactoring of the entire
XC machinery (which would be good anyway).

I am personally interested in settling these issues once and for all
but it takes time and effort.

Paolo