[Q-e-developers] Personal QE mirror (the "official" one is not working anymore)

Samuel Poncé samuel.pon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 02:01:58 CET 2017

Hello Filippo,

Indeed the git mirror (to which the test-farm is linked with) is not
updated.

Is there a technical issue to restart it? If so could you confirm it. In
that case I will sync the Buildbot testfarm with
the svn repo like it was before.

Thank you,

Samuel

On 22 March 2017 at 04:45, Anton Kozhevnikov <a.v.kozhevnikov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Why won't you move the development of QE to github entirely? It seems that
> everyone around is using Git.
>
> https://rhodecode.com/insights/version-control-systems-2016
>

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 9:10 AM, Filippo Spiga <spiga.filippo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am planning to continue to improve various technical aspects of the
>> code in my spare time: the configure, the make files, support on parallel
>> numerical libraries, some code beautification here and there.
>>
>> I am also personally curious to produce a proof-of-concept of the current
>> QE distribution that has a different code structure, less "directory within
>> a directory" but more flat and compact. Since code speaks by itself, there
>> is no point of speculating about the what and the why. It is quicker to
>> just do it.
>>
>> The entire "GIT thing" got somehow stop or extremely slow down, that's
>> sad. Moreover I noticed the mirroring process that publish from SVN into
>> the QEF GitHub profile stop 8 days ago.
>>
>> I do not think SVN branching system can well cope with major code changes
>> and multiple development activities going on at the same time. Because of
>> the current SVN-GIT mirroring situation, I am going to create my own fork
>> of QE by create my own mirroring system and then push the code on my
>> personal GitHub page. When I think something is ready, I will liaise with
>> relevant parties to merge contributions in the main official distribution.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Filippo SPIGA ~ http://fspiga.github.io ~ skype: filippo.spiga

    Dr. Samuel Poncé