[Q-e-developers] SCAN functional

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Thu Mar 23 00:42:30 CET 2017

Dear Derek,

I also saw this abstract the APS (I didn't manage to attend):
http://meetings.aps.org/Meeting/MAR17/Session/P1.3

Having SCAN in QE would be great - maybe (rather than doing an
independent development) you could contact Roberto or Annabella
(here in CC) to see what are their plans.

Of course, it's not only a matter of implementing it in CP
(or, ideally, in PW) - the old mantra was that pseudopotentials
would need to be consistently generated with the same functional -
but maybe in these days we are more modern.

			nicola