[Q-e-developers] New system for installation of Quantum Espresso for best performance

Vivek Dwij vivekd at csr.res.in
Fri Jun 9 13:03:34 CEST 2017

With due respect,
I am planning on setting up an advance system for electronic structure and DFT calculations based on Q.E.. For this purpose can you tell we hardware configurations for a high perfmance system that can be configured based on i7 processors or computer clusters?
My motive is to set the lab for future application and research prospective as I work on exprimental condence matter and theoritical calculation will we very beneficial for better understanding of the underlying principles of matter.
 I am requesting for your advice about the system with minimum hardware but best performance. (Minimum hardware is expected due to lack of budget for time being but you may give advice for full scale computer cluster facility also as I am willing to facilited my lab in future for better theoritical work

Kindly do the needful

Thank you

Vivek Dwij
Junior Research Fellow