[Q-e-developers] Plotting many KS orbitals in one pp.x run (and more)

Leopold Talirz leopold.talirz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 23:11:59 CET 2017

Dear Paolo,

thanks for moving forward so quickly with the patch.
I have now verified that the specific namelist behavior required for the patch is provided by the recent gfortran, ifort, pgf90 and nag compilers (although I have compiled full QE only with gfortran and ifort).

While testing the examples provided with PP I stumbled upon a problem in my patch (namely, when pp.x is used with an empty INPUTPP section). The attached patch resolves the problem and also includes some fixes to the documentation (which I have finally been able to compile).

While running the examples, I noticed two further things that are not related to PP:

* example05:  run_example (line 190) wants to copy a file feo_af.occup that doesn't seem to be produced by pw.x. Perhaps this output was removed at some point?
* example06:  run_example (line 177) stops with
  running the band calculation for Fe with PAW and spin-orbit...[cli_0]: aborting job:
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

Apart from this, the examples run through fine.

Best,
Leopold