[Q-e-developers] srvaddress

Michele Ceriotti michele.ceriotti at epfl.ch
Mon Dec 11 23:20:17 CET 2017

I suspect the check should be done in the other order,

IF ( use_images ) THEN
        !
     CALL run_manypw ( )
     CALL run_pwscf ( exit_status )
     !
ELSE IF ( trim(srvaddress) == ' ' ) THEN
     !
     CALL read_input_file ('PW', input_file_ )
     CALL run_pwscf ( exit_status )
     !
ELSE
     !
     CALL read_input_file ('PW+iPi', input_file_ )
     CALL run_driver ( srvaddress, exit_status )
     !
  END IF

srvaddress is used when specified on the command line and has QE run in
driver mode
Michele

On 11 December 2017 at 16:53, Lorenzo Paulatto <lorenzo.paulatto at upmc.fr>
wrote:

> Hello, what is the meaning of srvaddress in pwscf.f90?
>
>    IF ( trim(srvaddress) == ' ' ) THEN
>       !
>       CALL read_input_file ('PW', input_file_ )
>       CALL run_pwscf ( exit_status )
>       !
>    ELSE IF ( use_images ) THEN
>       !
>       CALL run_manypw ( )
>       CALL run_pwscf ( exit_status )
>       !
>
> On two different systems I'm using it is always empty when calling pw as
> manypw.xx, which causes manypw to not be called.
>
> Any idea on how to fix?
>

> --
> Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
> IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6
> phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
> www:   http://www-int.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/
> mail:  23-24/423 Boîte courrier 115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris Cédex 05

Prof. Michele Ceriotti
Laboratory of Computational Science and Modelling (COSMO)
MXG 338 (Bâtiment MXG)
Station 12
CH-1015 Lausanne