[Q-e-developers] test suite verbosity and output redirection

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Fri Sep 23 19:16:09 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 05:12:40PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since the test-suite was overhauled, it no longer outputs anything while
> it runs.  This should in principle be resolved in 6.0 as it runs
> testcode.py --verbose, however for some reason the Debian build system
> still does not output anything:
>
> (cd test-suite; /usr/bin/make run-tests)
> make[2]: Entering directory
> '/<<BUILDDIR>>/espresso-6.0.0~r13008+dfsg/test-suite'
> ### wget or curl not found: will not be able to download missing PP ###
> ### wget or curl not found: will not be able to download missing PP ###
> env QE_USE_MPI=0
> /<<BUILDDIR>>/espresso-6.0.0~r13008+dfsg/test-suite/..//test-suite/testcode/bin/testcode.py
> --verbose --category=cp_all
> [no more output]

Well, I have to correct here: After the test suite finishes, all the
output is flushed.  So this seems to be a problem with buffered output
in the testcode if stdout is not a terminal.

The attached patch fixes this, I've also opened an issue upstream here:
https://github.com/jsspencer/testcode/issues/7

Michael