[Q-e-developers] 'mpif.h' vs. 'include mpi' and regression tests

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Tue Nov 22 15:05:21 CET 2016

Maybe we should revert to the good habit of confining MPI definitions to a
very small number of files. Once upon a time there was just one in
"parallel_include.f90", maybe a couple more here and there. Now:
$ grep mpif.h espresso/*/*.f90 espresso/*/*/*f90 | wc -l
62

The executables in "test-suite" should write to $ESPRESSO_TMPDIR, which is
defined in test-suite/ENVIRONMENT:
   export ESPRESSO_TMPDIR=/tmp/save/
If more instances of test-suite are run by the same user, a mess will
result, for sure. Not sure how to set $ESPRESSO_TMPDIR to a unique value in
a simple way.

Paolo