[Q-e-developers] Plotting many KS orbitals in one pp.x run (and more)

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Nov 10 10:52:10 CET 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-10 at 10:38 +0100, Guido Fratesi wrote:
> As for the input specifications for multiple orbitals, I may guess
> that specifying the ranges for kpoint, kband, and also
> spin_component, would be an easy way for a less specialized user
> (presumably lsign can be taken constant). I would opt for replacing
> these three input variables by array(1)=minval,array(2)=maxval. If
> maxval is not specified, the standard operation is performed.

I am highly in favor of this suggestion. Its much easier for user (and
also to implement in PWgui). In addition to lsign, I suggest also to
make the spin_component constant: if more components are needed it can
be done with few pp.x calculations.

Best regards, Tone
--
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax: +386-1-251-9385)