[Q-e-developers] dv_of_drho optional arguments

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Wed May 11 17:29:25 CEST 2016

Dear Lorenzo,

You are totally right! In fact, one of the QE users also noticed such a problem with the routine dv_of_drho when using xlf.

It is my mistake to introduce such a bug in dv_of_drho. Sorry about that!

In my opinion, the first option which you suggest is better. Personally I do not like the second option, because in several places of PHonon and in TDDFPT the routine dv_of_drho is called without the need to pass the response core charge density "drhoc". So, in the case of the second option, one would need to pass a zero array drhoc=(0.0d0, 0.0d0) to dv_of_drho, which has no sense and moreover it consumes some memory without any need (add_nlcc=.false. in that case, so such a zero array will not be used).

Best regards,
Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii Timrov