[Q-e-developers] PHonon Module strange directory structure

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Thu Mar 24 18:26:49 CET 2016

On 24/03/2016 17:39, Filippo SPIGA wrote:
> Quantum ESPRESSO is packaged and distributed for people who mainly download it and compile it on laptops, workstations and HPC clusters. There is a reason behind the way it is structured however we are open to suggestions to improve it. we evaluate every suggestion considering the needs and requirements of the wider QE community.
>
> Fixing the fact that it is not "Debian-friendly" in the way a Debian package maintainer would like to see it distributed... well... it is not a priority and it is not a concern.

Dear Filippo, All,

the question asked by Michael seemed reasonable, and I e.g. find it
very attractive that it could be debian-friendly from the start -
so maybe not a top priority, but something to be considered, and
ideally politely rather than dismissively.

To turn around the question - is there a good reason not to package
it as Michael suggests?

				nicola