[Q-e-developers] MolecularNEXAFS

Guido Fratesi guido.fratesi at unimi.it
Thu Jul 28 09:14:09 CEST 2016

Dear QE developers,

in evaluating the NEXAFS spectrum of molecules with various C atoms in
chemically inequivalent sites, I found useful to code a small program in
order to collect the various information from the pw.x, xspectra.x, and
projwfc.x output files and produce the resulting spectrum. (*) This
utility has been extensively used in my group and has been recently
distributed to collaborators; I think it could be useful if that is also
available through the Quantum-ESPRESSO distribution: is this possible?

The file, together with an example for pyridine molecule (C5H5N,
attached) is available at:
https://sites.google.com/site/guidofratesi/download/MolecularNEXAFS_2016-07-28.tgz?attredirects=0&d=1
containing the following folders:
Pseudo: the pseudopotentials used
PyridineAnalysis: the folder where the utility is executed
PyridineData: the input/output of pw.x, xspectra.x, projwfc.x
Src: the code (see the header for a detailed input description)

I am of course available to make adjustments to adapt the code to the
Quantum-ESPRESSO distribution conventions (also, to reduce the size of
the bundle including only the most relevant files for cheking), and look
forward your kind reply.

Kind regards,
Guido

(*) the output spectrum of each atom has to be aligned considering its
core level shift and the atom-dependent energy reference, before the
total spectrum can be summed.

--

Guido Fratesi

Dipartimento di Fisica