[Q-e-developers] ELPA version support

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sun Feb 28 14:13:12 CET 2016

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 12:46:46PM +0000, Filippo SPIGA wrote:
> we can extend the support to ELPA to newer versions, it is not a
> problem (apart running few validations but I suspect it is not a big
> issue or a time consuming activity). We do not maintain ELPA directly,
> it is an optional dependency. So IMHO, it is much better to remove
> completely ELPA from the QE distribution and rely on externally
> installed versions linked to QE during the configure step.

Sounds good to me.  One thing you have to keep in mind is that there was
an API change from the version you are currently using to 2015.05 (or
earlier), and another API change between 2015.05 and 2015.11.

Debian/Ubuntu currently uses 2015.05, but we plan to move on to 2015.11
once the current transitions that ELPA and QE are entangled in (OpenMPI
moving to a newer version mostly) have finished.

Michael