[Q-e-developers] Molecular DOS update

Guido Fratesi guido.fratesi at unimi.it
Wed Apr 20 16:51:49 CEST 2016

Dear QE developers,

PP/src/molecularpdos.x currently computes the projection of the DOS of a
system onto the orbitals of a molecule. I implemented a small extension
so as to allow for k-resolved results (hence the projected bands can be
determined as well, for example to get the HOMO/LUMO dispersion for an
adsorbed molecule).

Please find in attachment a patch (on top of QE 5.3.0) including a
revision of the example: the current one (an H2 molecule interacting
with an H2 chain) would be more representative of a typical situation of
a molecule-on-surface, and shows k-summed and k-resolved results (see
pdf). In PP/Doc, the reference to our recent paper where we published
information about the algorithm and its use is also given.

I hope this can be included in the official distribution [please let me
know if refinements are needed], and thank you for your kind attention.

Guido

--
Guido Fratesi

Dipartimento di Fisica