[Q-e-developers] Something wrong due to the esm module

xiaochuan Ge ustc.scgyer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:07:11 CET 2015

Dear developers,

I noticed that since the version 11662, interface is used for several
subroutines in the PW/src/esm.f90 file. When I try to compile the code, I
got this kind of error:

v_of_rho.f90(546): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist.
[ESM_HARTREE]
  USE esm,       ONLY: do_comp_esm, esm_hartree, esm_bc

The error seems to be that the compiler cannot recognize the subroutine
implemented in the generic way. Has anyone encountered the same sort of
problems? The version 11662 was uploaded this July, it would be very strong
if nobody had noticed it before. So I am suspicious that there is something
wrong in the setting of my compiler, but I could always compile the code
except this one. Could anyone help? Thank you very much!

Best,
Dr. Xiaochuan Ge (Giovanni)
Center for Functional Nanomaterials
Brookhaven national laboratory