[Q-e-developers] [Pw_forum] MD5 check sum

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 15:08:10 CEST 2015

Actually it is fortran (at least, my compiler) that recognizes (to my
surprise) a syntax like "~/my_dir/my_file", while my C compiler (that opens
the PP file once again to compute the MD5 checksum) doesn't. I have a
workaround to prevent funny characters to show up in this case that I am
going to commit soon. It is quite dumb to read twice the same file, once
with fortran, once with C, but I don't know how to read from fortran an
entire file into a character variable.

Paolo

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Lorenzo Paulatto <
lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr> wrote:

> On Thursday, October 08, 2015 08:09:24 PM Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> > I confirm that the routine computing MD5 does not like the presence of
> "~"
> > in the directory name. Any idea why?
> >

> I think that never worked, and that md5 is just the first thing to fail at
> this version of the code. Processing the filename with wordexp(3) could fix
> this issue, but I'm not sure that the fortran part of the code would work.
>
> cheers
>
> --
> Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
> IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6
> +33 (0)1 44 275 084 / skype: paulatz
> http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/
> 23-24/4é16 Boîte courrier 115
> 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris Cédex 05

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,