[Q-e-developers] versioning issues? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Filippo SPIGA filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org
Wed Nov 25 22:03:09 CET 2015

Dear Alex,

thank you for reporting this. I have to admit, I never paid too much attention to the first line of the output and I have been running this QE version for testing purposes many times!!!

The version you download from QE-FORGE is correct but, because version.f90.in has erroneous information, the Makefile keep replacing the correct version.f90 with wrong information. A quick fix is the following:

tar zxvf espresso-5.2.1.tar.gz
cd espresso-5.2.1
cp Modules/version.f90 Modules/version.f90.in
rm install/update_version

The correct version will continue to appear in the header of the output. From a correctness point of view, these changes do not impact anything in the code apart the first line. Soon we will release v5.3.0, we might consider to re-upload later a fixed tar.gz of v5.2.1

Thanks again to reach us reporting this problem.

Regards

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."