[Q-e-developers] Advanced Quantum ESPRESSO Developers' Meeting 2016 (linear-response)

Iurii Timrov itimrov at sissa.it
Fri May 29 11:34:31 CEST 2015

Dear member of the Quantum ESPRESSO community,

In the last Quantum ESPRESSO (QE) developers' meeting, the need for
better structuring and organization of linear-response codes in QE
(PHonon, TDDFPT, etc.) has become evident: their complexity is growing
and a refactoring or reorganization shouldn't be postponed any longer.
We propose to organize a one-week meeting for interested developers,
tentatively in Trieste in January 2016 in order to discuss about this
issue and to distribute tasks among those who agree to participate. We
have contacted you as a past or current contributor to the
linear-response codes in QE (feel free to extend this invitation to your
collaborators). We would like to hear from you whether you agree on the
need for a refactoring or reorganization of the linear-response codes
and what you think about or idea. Could you please let us know whether
you are interested in participating to a Skype conference, tentatively
next week?

Kind regards,
Iurii Timrov, Stefano Baroni, Paolo Giannozzi, Ralph Gebauer

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV
Postdoctoral Researcher