[Q-e-developers] nscf calculation in cp

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Wed Mar 18 12:40:07 CET 2015

If however the problem is just to compute a few empty states,
it should be still possible to do that at the end of the
calculation. Diagonalization is used, though, not a fictitious
MD (with equally fictitious weights) as it used to be done

Paolo

On Tue, 2015-03-17 at 15:09 -0400, Hsin-Yu Ko wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> I was thinking to work on supporting the nscf calculation of the
> linear scaling PBE0. Would someone please tell me if the nscf
> calculation in CP is still working or not?
>
>  I was a bit concerned because because I saw this line in the release
> note:
>
> Incompatible changes in version 4.2:
> * calculation of empty Kohn-Sham states, and related variables, removed
>   from cp.x: use option disk_io='high' in cp.x to save the charge density,
>   read the charge density so produced with pw.x, specifying option
>   "calculation='nscf'" or "calculation='bands'"
>
> Thank you very much and best wishes,
> Hsin-Yu
>
> --
> Hsin-Yu Ko
> Graduate Student
> Princeton University
> Department of Chemistry
> 151 Frick Laboratory

 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,