[Q-e-developers] Erratum: Re: Re: Integral of total potentail and charge density

Jiqiang Li jqli14 at fudan.edu.cn
Tue Jun 9 07:40:24 CEST 2015

Sorry,
The previous email has an error in question b), which is labelled by underline.
it should be:
a) I am sorry that a similar integration seemed not working. My result of \int[rho(r)dr] was not exactly the total number of electrons, which differed by about 0.1 for a supercell of GaN of 72 atoms, with relative error 0.0001. The number of significant digits is more than 14 in QE. So, I am not sure whether the difference arised from the numerical noise or I made some mistake. I used the data in real space from pp.x.

b)Actually, I want to evaluate the electron-phonon coupling constants by explicitly finite displacements of all the atoms along three directons. Now I use the rho(r) = <f|i> (where |i> and |f> are initial and final states respectively, we only consider the case of Gamma point only calculation, wavefunctions is real array, thus <f|i> is also real. I output it by add some sentences in the code of QE) and v1(r) belong to the equilibrum atomic configuration, and v2(r) corresponding to the displaced one, then \int[(v2-v1)×rho/dR×dr] is the local contribution to el-ph constants, am I right?  Before carrying out this calculation, the made a benmark test for the code outputing |i> and |f>.  When I sum over all the bands, i.e., let |i> = |f>,  \sum_i { <i|i>} is exactly equal to the rho output by pp.x.

c)Now I want to revise some part of code to add function for QE, are there any DETAILED tutorials about the code of QE? The  lecture slides online seem too short for practically coding.