[Q-e-developers] About the upf2plotcore.sh in XSpectra calculation

huangxu1706 at sina.com huangxu1706 at sina.com
Mon Feb 2 23:38:46 CET 2015

Hi,
I have problem generating atomic-like wave
functions from ultrasoft pseudopotential (USPP)
using the
upf2plotcore.sh script in QE-5.1 XSpectra package. I went over all of
the examples
of diamond, SiO2 and NiO xspectra calculations. Now I want
try it in Fe2O3 hematite system
using DFT-GGA+U method. The USPP I chose
 to use for Fe is called "Fe.pbe-nd-rrkjus.UPF".
I down load it from QE
website.
However, when I use the same command shown in the example script to generate atomic-like
wave functions to get Fe.wfc:....../espresso-5.1/XSpectra/tools/upf2plotcore.sh ~/my_pseudo_dir/Fe.pbe-nd-rrkjus.UPF > ./Fe.wfc
I got an empty Fe.wfc file, which only has one line:# number of core states 0 =
 didn't get this problem when I was working on those examples of
diamond, SiO2 and NiO
using provided pseudopotentials in the package
like:C_PBE_TM_2pj.UPFSi_PBE_USPP.UPFNi_PBE_TM_2pj.UPFThey
 are in ....../espresso-5.1/XSpectra/examples/pseudo. They could
generate proper C.wfc,
Si.wfc and Ni.wfc for following xspectra
calculations.
So I'm wondering if there is any specific
 "requirement" for the choose of USPP in xspectra
calculations. There
are many different Fe-USPP in QE website. Do you know which of them can

be used to generate Fe.wfc?
Thank you,Xu Huang